Principles of Dues Policy for Lumber Members
The principles for CWC’s dues collection policy, regardless of product, are as follows:
- A consistent assessment basis and assessment period shall apply to all members.
- The definition of a ‘shipment’ shall be as follows:Lumber that is changed in form or was altered in any manner (i.e., trimmed, ripped, resawn, cut to length, dog eared, bored, grademarked, etc.) including all volumes labeled HT and/or KD-HT shall be included in reporting shipments for dues purposes.
- Consistent collection terms and billing periods shall be maintained.
- A federation of associations implies mandatory participation by association members.
- Reconcilable assessment declaration numbers must be provided to CWC.
- Extra reporting measures will be minimized wherever possible.
Dues Policy for Lumber Members
|Collection period||1 year trailing (calendar year)||
Consistency with NLGA, CLSAB
|Rate||18 cents/MFBM - NA||Converts revenue based on N.A. shipments total shipments|
|Product mix||100% of sawn wood||Consistent with majority of
|Geographic basis||N.A. shipments||Consistent with past practice|
|Reconsilable numbers source||NLGA Agency Shipment Declarations||
No new reporting, trusted
- The minimum annual membership fee for any Lumber Member Association is $50,000.
- The Board may recommend for approval by the membership, other fees and assessments for activities required to carry out the work of the Council.
Association or Company Mergers
In the event of a merger or amalgamation of Members, the continuing association shall be liable for dues, fees, and assessments. Should a member company merge with another member company within a calendar year, then the purchasing company shall be responsible for paying dues on the total shipments of that company from the day they merge. The purchasing company shall pay for the prorated additional volume based on the new company’s declaration of the previous year’s total shipments.
At re-manufacturing mills, only the lumber that is changed in form or was altered in any manner (i.e., trimmed, ripped, resawn, cut to length, dog eared, bored, grademarked, etc.) including all volumes labeled HT and/or KD-HT shall be included in reporting shipments for dues purposes. Lumber that is passed through the re-manufacturing mill but not changed in form or altered in any manner is not to be included in shipments for dues purposes.
All CWC lumber members shall submit a letter, signed by their auditor of annual production (Total shipments minus exports = North American shipments) for the previous year (period January to December) to CWC, not later than July 1 of the year following.
Non Lumber Dues Rate
There is a dues reduction for non-lumber to reflect the partnership between CWC and the non-lumber associations who provide technical support for their products. The rate is 3.5 cents/1000 square feet (3/8” basis”) subject to a minimum fee of $25,000.
Industry Supporters Dues Rate
There are currently no dues or fees for Industry Supporter / Partner membership except for those fees contracted directly with the Council related to sponsorship or direct support of a Council program.